Choose from a wide range of products : Desktops, Laptops, Printer, MacBook etc.
Top Rental Products
Desktops and Workstations
Search Result Found
Please wait while your product is loading...
Rent a Laptop
Laptop hire in Ireland – Key considerations to choose the right machine
Choosing to rent laptops can be a fantastic way to scale up your operations at minimal cost. Whether you need laptops for students to sit an exam, have staff working off-site or at an event, or simply need a number of short-term training terminals, hiring laptops can be the perfect solution.
With laptop hire in Dublin and right across Ireland, we’ve got you covered wherever you need machines. But with the range of laptops out there, how do you decide which ones best suit your needs?
Key questions to ask when you rent laptops
Laptop rental is a great way of quickly accessing a large number of high-quality computers at a low price. Here are the questions you need to ask to narrow down your search:
How will you be using the laptop?
Different laptops will be more or less suitable for different kinds of scenarios. So, thinking about how you plan to use the computers can help you to decide between all the different specs:
- You need high-quality machines for graphics rendering or design: Perhaps you’re hiring in some freelance editors or designers. Renting something like an Apple MacBook Pro with a 17-inch screen will give them the oomph they need.
- You need to rent laptops for an exam: Many universities, schools and training centres use laptop hire in Ireland for one-off exams using a single software programme. In this case, you’ll just need a ‘basic’ computer that runs one piece of software.
- You need to rent laptops for off-site staff: If your employees will be working off-site at a customer’s office or attending an industry event but still need to be productive, hiring laptops for a few days or weeks can be an ideal option. Once they return to the office, they can return to using their desktops.
Is a laptop actually the right tool?
Laptops offer you a huge amount of power, letting you do anything you could do with a desktop computer. That said, if your staff need something more mobile, it might be worth considering alternatives such as tablet rental – these let them move around more freely and are especially good for events and market research.
Which operating system will you want to use?
Broadly speaking, there are two main kinds of operating system (OS) on the market:
- Microsoft Windows: By far the most widely used OS, Microsoft Windows is familiar to almost all computer users, and the new Windows 10 OS gets great reviews.
- Apple OS X: Apple’s operating system is especially useful for high-end computing – think graphic design, CAD work, video editing and so on. It’s also largely impervious to viruses, which is a definite plus.
What other features will you need?
There are other considerations to bear in mind when thinking about which specific laptop you wish to hire:
- How much RAM (memory) do you need? If you’ll be doing ‘heavy’ work and running lots of programmes, you’ll need extra RAM.
- Do you need touchscreen or stylus compatibility? Some computers come with touch screens, styluses and even detachable keyboards for ultimate versatile working.
- Will you need a gaming computer? Some laptops are specially designed for gaming and handling 3D visuals.
Whatever your requirements, speak with our friendly and knowledgeable teams for laptop hire in Dublin and right across Ireland.
Microsoft Surface Pro 4 - 128GB / Intel Core i5
128GB / Intel Core i5
HP OMEN Gaming Laptop
OMEN by HP 17-w107na
Microsoft Surface Book 2
Samsung Galaxy Book
MacBook Pro 15 Inch i7 Retina Display
HP ZBook 15 G4 Mobile Workstation
Entry Spec Laptop PC with Intel Core i5 Processor
HP ProBook 450 G5
Mid-Spec HP 6560b 15.6 inch Core i5 2.30GHz
Apple MacBook Pro 15inch Quad Core i7 2.0GHz
Dell Latitude E6420 Core i5
8740w HP Mobile Workstation
MacBook Pro 17" Unibody Intel i5 and i7